Sunday, January 6, 2013
How do you beat the winter blahs? That's easy just get "Silly" with momstown Burlington. Our educational curriculum theme this month is "That's Silly". We kicked of January with an easy craft for preschoolers, kids and even babies. We made Handprint Monsters, and you can make some at home too. Follow these simple directions and not only will you be left laughing - but you'll have a cute keepsake craft!
Art and Play: Handprint Monsters
Sponge or paintbrush
Paper or Canvas
Construction Paper or Cardstock
Black Magic Marker
Optional: Googly Eyes
1. Using the washable paint, and sponge or paintbrush - help child to paint palm and several fingers (but not all). Try painting half a finger, whole fingers or just one. Experiment and see which makes the cutest monster.
2. Press hand onto paper or canvas. Be sure not to wiggle hand. Be sure to press whole palm down.
3. While paint is drying. Use construction paper to cut out circles for eyes. We used white, but you can use other colors - after all they are monsters! We also cut out a tongue and some teeth. You could try antennae, warts, moustaches or mouths!
4. Use marker to draw pupil on eye, and detail to monster! Glue on eyes. Alternatively use googly eyes - or a combination of both!
5. Check out your cute creation!
We'll be making all kinds of silly crafts this month at momstown Burlington. Come and join the fun! Only $45 for your yearly family membership - and crafts like this are included at no extra cost! Try us out today for a free four week trial.