Family Vacation – so many choices are out there – but which one is right for your family? This summer we got the opportunity to go to Fern Resort, in Orillia, Ontario. If you’ve never heard of Fern Resort before, take a minute to visit their website and learn all about what they have to offer. And then learn about five positive things about Fern Resort we encountered for our family of five!
1. Fern Resort is family of five friendly. That may not sound like much to some – but anyone with a larger family understands that much of the world is built for four people! Our hotel room was big enough for all five of us – and if you have a bigger family, there are cottages available. Our round table in the dining room (which remained ours for the entire stay) had five chairs. We could easily find five loungers by the pool.
2. Fern Resort has an amazing Play Village. My kids spent most of their time in Play Village. It’s a fully staffed, fenced and secure area. There’s a very high staff to child ratio, a sign in/out procedure and even pagers for parents. It’s 100% included in your stay. As for activities, my kids participated in all of the following – in just 2 days
- Playground equipment
- Ball pit
- Sandbox and toys
- Water Play Area
- Bouncy Castle
- Pony Ride
- Movie Night
- Wagon Ride
- Animal Show
3. Fern Resort allows parents time to enjoy the resort by themselves. I mentioned that we signed our kids in at Play Village – well that left mommy and daddy some kid-free time. At dinner, the kids buffet starts ½ hour before regular dinner service. So after eating a yummy meal, that they helped choose themselves – my kids rushed off to Play Village. And I got to enjoy a whine free, uninterrupted gourmet meal. During the day – we could relax by the pool, try some water sports, try our hand at archery, shuffleboard (I lost), horseshoes (I lost again!) and hubby fit in some fishing.
4. Fern Resort offers activities for the whole family. Whether you enjoy an active vacation, or time by the pool – there’s something at Fern for everyone. We tried our first mini-golf game with our three monkeys. There was no hurry to finish – nobody trying to play through – and there were three happy kids! Every night there are activities – including a fun family-friendly evening show. And, just maybe, your little one might be called up on stage. We had one very excited magician’s assistant in our family!
5. Fern Resort gives you value for your money. I just received an email for a sale at a local indoor waterpark. For my family of 5 – a two night stay would have cost just under $800. That didn’t include meals, outdoor activities, adult entertainment or staff who engage with my family. It certainly didn’t allow me the opportunity to drop off my children so I could go for a meal with my husband. Fern Resort gave our family all the perks of an all-inclusive resort and a kids summer camp all rolled into one!
There are so many other things we loved about Fern Resort. From the staff who were just as wonderful to us as they were to our children, to the delicious meals. We really loved our stay. If you’re looking for a family-friendly vacation, check out Fern Resort – it’s not too late to book for summer. They have things happening year-round too – we may just have to check out Hallowe’en at Fern!